NEED TO DO A QUICK GOOGLE SEARCH? HERE YOU GO.

Thursday, February 16, 2012

Nuts and bolts organizers. Cost: $0

Got nuts? What about washers, bolts, nails, etc.?  Yeah, me too. Well, i'm not gonna spend what they're asking for those slide-out plastic drawer wall units to house the stuff.  Nope.  I like free.  Here's what I did.



CLICK THE READ MORE >> BUTTON FOR A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE

Now, here's what you do:

Eat some jelly.  Save your jars.  You can use any kind of glass jar, I just like the continuity of using the same ones.  Looks nicer.  You can also get the same look in different sizes with the smuckers jars.


Drill 2-4 holes in the top of your lid.  If you only use 1, then the whole thing will spin around when you're taking it off.  The more screws, the more stability.  I used two because.....it costs less. 



Fill it with your hardware.  This was a miscellaneous bottle of hardware I stripped off of some old picked furniture.  If I were putting all 2" screws in, I would label the outside of the jar for organization.  No label = no idea.  Could be anything in there.


Screw the jar into the lid and let it go.  


Why do this?  You'll never lose the lid. It's an easy way to tote around the hardware your using.  High visibility.  It's different.  It's free.

So, did this hit the DIYandSIMPLIFY big three?  Let's see...


Cheap? Free.


Cool?  The coolest.


Easy?  It took me longer to make this post.


3 outta 3 - we hit 'em all.  Let's officially put this one in the books - give it the stamp





No comments:

Post a Comment

.